Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Kevin!!!




Kevin was born one year ago today - July 30, 2007 at 8:40am in The Woodlands, Texas.


In our household, we are all very much in love with him! Ellie is very excited that today is his birthday, and we have sang to him over and over again today!


In the past month, Kevin has taken his first steps, though is still very timid. He has also learned to shake his head no while also saying, "No, no. No, no." He says this when I give him food he doesn't want or put him in bath water that he thinks is too hot! Oops!
He has only two teeth (the bottom teeth), but I think two more are about to come in.

At one year old, he still does not sleep straight through the night. (I know, Sarah, you're disappointed! :-)) He was doing very well until the movers boxed our things at Stanford. Since then, he will usually wake around 5:00 or 5:30 - sometimes a little earlier and very rarely, a little later! When he wakes, I take him and let him sleep in our bed with us. Then, he wakes for the morning around 7:00 or 7:30. Now that we are done with our major travels and have settled into our rental home, we will start working on improving his sleeping habits soon.


He still takes two naps and needs them both!

He has started to show his preferences with screams and back arching! But he still has a very sweet and happy temperament! Last week, I was trying to sleep in and get a little extra rest, so I let Kevin roam around my room while I listened with my eyes closed! He enjoyed playing by himself for about 30 minutes and then got bored. He came over to me, picked up my hand and started to put it in his mouth and gently bite it. Then he laughed and pulled it out! He did this over and over. It was really sweet. Then, he began to poke me in my neck and laugh! He is so cute!


Below is a month-by-month view of Kevin if you want to reminisce...

Kevin is Born!


One Week

Two Weeks

1 month

2 months


3 months

4 months
5 months

6 months

7 months

8 months


9 months


9.5 months

10 months

11 months



2 comments:

The Quinones Family said...

Happy Birthday Kevin!! Time really does fly! What a precious boy!

dajackso said...

And what a grand birthday party we had for Master Kevin Jackson. The food was delish and there was plenty of everything which is always a worry for a hostess. And Mr. Host and Hostess did a wonderful job of getting around to chatting with all the guests which I find a real challenge when I'm trying to watch over the food and drink! Granny and Grandpa were happy to be included. And Kevin was so tired but as usual, never stopped smiling and stayed to the very end...way past his bedtime. We sure do love him.