Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kevin's Latest Doctor Visit and Checkup




I think this picture looks very much like one I have seen of Chris as a little boy - maybe 4 years old or so.

I brought Kevin in to the doctor to check out a knot that we found under his nipple. It's a normal occurrence for many babies, but they wanted me to bring him into the office anyway since he's older than the typical age it first appears. Anyway, there is still nothing to worry about - just a blocked duct. Warm compresses for a few days should do the trick!

The doctor, however, informed me that I missed his last checkup. I guess this shows that Kevin is truly my second child. I didn't even realize that he needed a 9 month checkup! Oops!! So, at almost 10 months, they treated this visit as a checkup also!

It seems that I have been wrong on Kevin's size. I've been telling everyone he is average size, but he's actually been around 80th percentile for height since he was born! Oops again! His weight jumped up in percentile this time to around 68th percentile.

Weight: 22 lbs, 7 oz
Height: 29.5 inches

He learned to wave bye this weekend and has also given up his pacifier. I feel really fortunate that he has begun rejecting his pacifier on his own! This means that when he gets older, we won't have the pacifier struggle that so many people have told me about!

No comments: