Monday, July 7, 2008

Ellie's Thoughts...




Ellie's completely unsolicited comments about being a big sister...

What I think is the best part about having a baby brudder is when I make him smile and laugh. He's really cute when he does that.

What I think is the worst part about having a baby brudder is when he does silly things - like when he tries to crawl into the fireplace. He does lots and lots of silly things like that.

Kevin, I think you're the best little brudder in the whole world. You are really special. You know that? I will protect you forever and ever. You're my special little guy.

After he has tried to destroy the craft she was making... It's ok. I'll love you no matter what... No matter what, little guy. No matter what.


Ellie's completely unsolicited comments about Daddy...

Dad, I love you so much. Why I love you so much is because God made you such a good Daddy.

She is very much into telling us "Why I ---- is because...." It's a cute way to phrase what she's trying to say, and it's realy sweet that she wants to explain her thoughts and reasonings so much.


Ellie's completely unsolicited comments about leaving Stanford...

I'm really sad. I miss my friends. I really, really miss Arden and Daniel.
The picture above is just before we left our apartment for the last time. She wouldn't smile for anything. When I saw the picture, I understood why. She was sad, and I can see it in her eyes.
When we were about to leave, her friend Daniel came over and said he was going to miss her very much. It was so sweet. I can still remember the moment perfectly. After we drove away, our car was silent until we reached the highway - almost 10 minutes. We were all very sad. :-(
Stay tuned for more to come on those last days in CA!

2 comments:

SB said...

we miss you so much... daniel keeps telling me how much he misses ellie and how sad he is about it. at least i can relate...!!

LWB said...

Just checking in - the last comment about leaving Stanford made me sad; I know we can all relate in our own way about leaving and saying goodbye. It was such a special time and I just can't believe it's over.

Hope you guys are transitioning well! It's hard to beat the past two years.

Laurie