Friday, September 5, 2008

New Neighbors





Our neighbors are truly amazing! On each side, we have two fellow stay-at-home moms with two young children each. A few houses down, we have a family with 3 older children, two of which are babysitters!


The above photos are of Ellie with her new playmate. Ellie and Sophia play several times a week. But Arden and Daniel, don't worry. She still really, really misses you!

Sophia's mom, Pam, and I have been running in the mornings several times a week. Chris and I are just amazed at how welcoming and caring our neighbors have been. We can hardly think of a better situation and never expected for things to work out this perfectly so quickly in our home. Being surrounded by such wonderful families has really made the transition from Stanford so much easier.

But, dont get me wrong, I do miss my Stanford mommy friends. Each of you has a special place in my heart! How I miss all our playground and playdate chats... always challenging each other and searching for ways to become better mothers, wives and friends. You are truly an amazing group of women! Thank you for everything you taught me over those two busy, busy years!! I know I am a better person because of the loving examples you were to me. Sappy, I know! But very, very true!

1 comment:

Sara Carolina said...

Wow! It sounds like you have really been blessed. To just move in and weeks later have a running buddy, built in friends for Ellie and babysitters all in one street! That truly is amazing. I'm still trying to find babysitters and we've been in our 'hood 8mos.