Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ellie as a Loving Sister


Ellie is such a loving big sister. When I give her a cookie or treat in the car, Kevin immediately screams. Then, without any prompting, Ellie gives him a piece. It makes me smile with pride each time.

Today, she said, "I already decided that on this day, I want to do things to help you. I decided that I'm going to have a whole day with no punishments and no bad behavior". I think the favorite thing she helped me do was pick out Kevin's outfit for the day. She was so proud when we put it on him (plaid overalls with an aligator shirt!).

When Kevin falls asleep in the carseat, she immediately says, "Now I can hold his hand, and he won't even cry!" She often sings songs to him while he sleeps. Here is a video of her singing to him in the car after he fell asleep.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Arden saw this video for the first time today. He was touching the computer screen and saying, "I want to grab Ellie and bring her over here." At first he didn't want to see the blog and I asked hime why...He said he missed her too much and it was hard for him to watch the videos.