Friday, April 11, 2008

I Thought My Eye Was Going to POP!!



I really doubt you want to see this, but I want to post this so my long distance friends can see that I was not exaggerating! I dont even know if these pictures show how bad it actually was, though!


After the camping trip, I developed the worse case of pink eye I've ever seen! Even the white of my eye (which turned into the "red" of my eye) was swollen as you can kind of see in the pics. It looked like my iris (the blue part) was sunken in. I thought my eye was going to pop! When I blinked, the swollen tissue would move around and kinda mush between my lids (you can see it starting to mush in the first picture). Even my upper cheek area was swollen, and I had a hard knot near my cheekbone and by my ear - a swollen lympth gland I'm told. It still hurts to look to the left, but it is getting better. This is one of the reasons I have taken so long to catch up blogging.

Now, 10 days after symptoms began, the eyeball is no longer swollen, but it still hurts and is fairly red still. And when I wake in the mornings, my lid is still swollen. The other eye caught the bug, too. But it only lasted a few days in that eye and never got anywhere near this bad! In fact, the second eye is clear now and the first eye is still healing!

1 comment:

Landry said...

oh my GOSH!!! You weren't kidding! Poor thing...I'm glad it's getting better!!!