Monday, August 3, 2009

Santa Fe













We took a trip to Santa Fe, NM in mid July. Chris had a conference for work, and the kids and I kept ourselves entertained during the days. The hotel pool was great, and we explored the area a little as well. We really enjoyed the Children's Museum, and took a hike as well. The hike was about 1.5 miles and I had to carry Kevin most of the way at 12,000 feet elevation.


I didn't take many pics because I was too busy trying to keep up with the kids!


We also visited an old ranch from the 1700s that is a working museum today. After driving 45 minutes just to get to the ranch, at first I thought it was going to be a flop when we arrived. It looked boring and not many people were there. But it actually turned out to be lots of fun for Ellie. She...


Got to pet about 10 horses
Ate a snow cone
Made a tortilla
Watched Mexican dancing
Bought a $2 pony from the gift shop
Saw HUGE frogs - bigger than my hand!
Made a Lilly from corn husks
Cleaned wool and watched others spin yarn from it


The trip to Santa Fe was fun but EXHAUSTING!! I was so glad to be home and get some rest!

No comments: