Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah)


Oh, yum! It's a quinoa night!

Mmmmm...


What a mess. Somebody clean me up!

It took me about 20 minutes to clean all this up! Next time, I'll feed it to Kevin instead of letting Kevin feed himself, although he doesn't really like for me to feed him anymore!

My new favorite food... Quinoa! A complete protien. A great alternative to rice for some dishes. A little crunchy. Super yummy!

"Quinoa, an ancient grain from South America, is full of good carbohydrates -- the body’s preferred source of energy -- as well as high-quality protein, potassium and iron."

"Technically quinoa is not a true grain, but is the seed of the Chenopodium or Goosefoot plant."



One of msnbc.com's top 5 foods to boost your muscle power!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26777340/?pg=5#Health_COT_musclemass

Yummy Quinoa Recipe....
http://www.traderjoesfan.com/Articles/Articles/Quinoa:_The_Mother_Grain/ (Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry with Quinoa, Peppers and Basil)

Or just cook with chicken broth and add some dried italian seasonings while cooking. Then, once its cooked, add lots of chopped, fresh basil and chopped ripe tomatoes! Yum! Yum!

2 comments:

Landry said...

Quinoa is my absolute FAVORITE, too!! Have your mommy make quinoa pancakes (recipe's on the back of the quinoa flour box)-they're the BEST (so good that I will even eat them cold in the afternoon for snack after mommy makes them for breakfast)

Karen said...

I love quinoa, it's really yummy, but like rice, it's very messy to clean up on a baby.